SZKOŁA GŁÓWNA GOSPODARSWA WIEJSKIEGO
WYDZIAŁ NAUK O ZWIERZĘTACH
KATEDRA BIOLOGII ŚRODOWISKA ZWIERZĄT
Prowadzący: dr Krzysztof Klimaszewski
The aim of the course is to present the diverse world of wild animals living in Poland.
Special attention will be focused on few main topics:
1. Zoogeography. The relationship between occurrence of animals and geographical characteristics. Dispersal power - barriers and opportunities. Biotic and non biotic factors influencing animals diversity in space. Environment of Poland – history, climate, landscape, attitude, forests, man activities.
2. Introduction to faunistic studies. The idea, needs and methods of studying occurrence and population dynamics of selected groups of animals (butterflies, beetles, crawfish, earthworms, nematodes, flatworms, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals)*
3. Selected groups of inverterbrate and verterbrate fauna of Poland – biology, ecology, importance for man economics, number. Common and rare species, threats and population status, native and alien species. Introduction to recognition of selected groups of animals living in Poland (birds, herpetofauna, mammals, inverterbrates)*
4. Methods and ways of fauna protection in Poland. National and European Union legislation. Species and area protection, NATURA 2000 as a European tool for protecting most endangered animals populations.
* Topics nr 2 and 3 will be also conducted during field trip
Copyright © 2006 krzysztof klimaszewski